Sustainable Drainage Systems
We help you understand existing drainage systems and create SuDS for new developments
New developments and their environs should be protected from surface-water flood risks – making efficient drainage an essential requirement. There is a need to understand the existing drainage regime and to mimic this for new developments. Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) are environmentally beneficial and designed to efficiently manage flow rates and runoff volumes while improving biodiversity by helping to reduce risk of flooding and pollution.
We start by helping you plan a SuDS that will manage surface-water runoff in the most sustainable and cost-effective way. You can be sure that our plan will also comply with national policy and enhance biodiversity.
How we can assist your project:
- Design of swales, retention and detention ponds and porous car parking
- Sustainable schemes and preliminary design
- Public consultation and public exhibitions
- Provision of expert witnesses for appeals and the public inquiry process
- Liaison and negotiations with statutory undertakers and key stakeholders (including the Environment Agency and lead local flood authorities)
- Advice on waste water disposal, including capacity assessments as well as preliminary and detailed design
- Preparation of Water Neutrality Statements (WNS)